BUILDING’S AIRTIGHTNESS TEST
We provide Blower Door test – to help determine a home’s airtightness. The testing method is in accordance with ČSN EN ISO 9972. We are authorised provider of the Nová zelená úsporám project.
When do you need Blower Door test?
The Blower Door test is mostly required for passive and low energy consumption houses. We recommend to make the test during the building process, just after installation of all windows and entrance doors. At this time it is quite simple to detect and repair possible leaks. Before the test, we prepare the building by temporarily sealing air-conditioning conduits, woodstove air inlets, drain outlets etc. During the test we lower or increase the air pressure inside the building (pressure range 20 – 70 Pa). The result including the n50 value is protocoled.
What does Blower Door include?
- building preparation
- temporarily sealing air-conditioning conduits, woodstove air inlets, drain outlets etc.
- during the test we lower or increase the air pressure inside the building (pressure range 20 – 70 Pa)
- the result including the n50 value is protocoled (SAMPLE PROTOCOL for download here)
What we need from you
- House documentation to determine inside cubic capacity and floor area. If not available, we will measure on spot.
- Details of air inlets and outlets of the ventilation. These must be temporarily sealed during the test.
- Completed airtightening layer, all the doors and windows fitted
- For final test: all appliances effecting the airtightness must be installed (recuperation unit, woodstove, hood,…)
- See chapter 6.3 of Methodology instructions here
WHAT TYPES OF BUILDINGS CAN BE TESTED
We measure also apartment buildings and industrial objects, where more measuring sets are needed.
DETECTION OF AIR LEAKS
Together with the test we offer detection of air leaks. We use several methods (except initial palm detection): anemometer, smoke pencil and thermal imaging camera.
For the right functioning of air exchange it is important to have right installation of duct conduits. To check how good they are we use special measurement instrument Minneapolis DuctBlaster.
We aim to solve possible air leaks immediately on spot.
|Blower Door test with full protocol for NZÚ||4400 CZK/per house|
|Blower Door test without protocol||2900 CZK/per house|
|Blower Door test of huge objects and apartment buildings||price according to individual calculation|
|Duct conduits check||5000 CZK/per family house, larger buildings according to individual calculation|
|Air leaks detection over 2hours basis||400 CZK/hr|
|Project consultancy, air leaks repairs etc.||400 CZK/hr|
|Transport||7 CZK/km, minimum 400CZK|